So this past weekend I as able to go home to Seattle and witness my sister tie the knot. It was also my 28th birthday! YEAH!!! I really really didn't want to go home. Most of you know that my home is now Utah and Seattle is just a place where my family lives. I was glad to go to see my sister get married but the whole experience was nothing I was looking forward to. I left Friday after work and got in around 2am. My 2 favorite people picked my up from the airport, my dad and his dad my grandpa Cheatham. Had my grandparents not come I dont know if I could have survived the weekend. On the way home they listened to polka/folk music and I was trying not to scream:) When we got him I quickly went to my bed room...or what was left of it and slept only a few hours before getting up to go help my sister decorate the Lutheran Chapel where she was to be wed. Her colors were purple, pink and white. We had hardly enough time to get home to change before the ceremony was to start. My sister told me that my dress had to be Sunday appropriate and preferably purple. Well I have never been a big fan of purple, but I went along with it cause it was her wedding. Come to find out the other girls in her wedding were in formal dresses while I was wearing a dress from banana republic that was really casual, and I was the only one who's hair wasn't professionally done and didn't have sparkles in it. I was the maid of honor, and had to walk down the isle alone while all the other girls had someone on their arm. Oh let me back up. So we were at the church an hour early to help my sister get all ready and perfect for her special day. My grandparents and parents went into the chapel as there was singing and such in the Spanish language. We were not well informed because some one forgot to tell us that they were having a normal church service before the ceremony...this service was all singing and in Spanish...to which none of my family could understand. Finally the time of the wedding had come...and the groom was NO WHERE to be found. He was an hour late to his own wedding. But he did show up. I was suppose to put a flower on him, but I had never met him and there were about 50 short Hispanic men in the church who answered to the name Mario. I am not quite sure of the religion that Mario is but the ceremony was all in Spanish and there was an interpreter, but his English just wasn't that good. When ever he couldn't figure out the words in English he would just say Christ Jesus. It was defiantly the most interesting wedding I had ever been to, but my sister sure did look happy! I never got a chance to talk to Mario Lopez her new husband, but my parents say he is shy because of his English. Maybe sometime soon I will be able to chat with him.
The reception was also nice. It was of course rice and beans and carna asada or how ever you spell that. I had brought a long a tuna sandwich to eat because I knew I couldn't eat what they were having...which was probably rude. There were many people at the reception that I did not know, but it was nice to be with my family.
OK are you ready for the BEST NEWS?!?!? So Sunday came along and my grandparents were getting ready for church...they are active Mormons. My father came down the stairs with a shirt and tie on and was coming with to church!!! This made my weekend! I love my family so dearly, and want nothing more then to be with them for eternity, so when my family makes good choices I am extreamly happy! So that was my lovely weekend. I did turn 28 and it came and went, but I still am going to have a party I think...I will let you all know. Sorry this post is kind of boring.
2 comments:
WOW! I bet you never forget that day!! Happy Birthday by the way!!! (((HUGS)))
WOW girl you crack me up! Thank you for sharing your blog with me! You inspire me to make one! So I have a question - Does Bree speak Spanish!? I take it she must!
That is so awesome that your dad came to church too! I think I cried a little bit there at the end! :)
Post a Comment