Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Looking back
So I have a facebook account, and some days I wish I didn't, cause it causes so much drama and I sometimes get overly excited when I get messages from boys on it...anyhow today and old roommate of mine added me as a friend. I hesitated adding her because when we were friends we were the BESTEST friends and had soo much fun together, but then one day she changed and kicked me out of her life and was AWFUL about how she did it. I can honestly say I have never felt sooo bad in my entire life from the things she said to me or how she treated me that day. Anyhow I thought it was completely unforgivable. For years now I have held such a grudge because of how she treated me and what she told people about me and just how awful she was. There were days a few years back I thought, "you know I should really write her a letter or something and try to patch things up", but it never happened. I honestly just forgot about her as the years had gone on, so when she wanted to add me as a friend I thought we should let by gons bye by gons. So I sent her an email as well asking what was new happening in her life. She finally got back to me today and told me how sorry she was for what had happened so many years ago and never knew how to tell me how sorry she was. We both apologized for being goofs and made up and then had a great conversation. I was so glad that I made the choice to add her as my friend and clear things up. Really I had for too long been holding a grudge and it was a relief to know she also had hard feelings but was sorry about them. How much we grow and change as we get older. I am thankful that we are able to forgive and that we can look past peoples flaws and learn to love them as they are, children of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment