Sunday, December 21, 2008

He went to Jared's!



So something a little unexpected happened to me Friday night. I worked late and gave my job 2 weeks notice that I was moving to Salt Lake City for a great job offer, and Jared was out with his buddies watching a couple movies. I called Jared at 11:45pm to tell him I was home from work, and he had just finished watching his movies and was coming over. The hard thing about my job has been the late hours. It wasn't that bad till I got a boyfriend and never got to see him, but on the weekends. So Jared came over and I was already in bed just wanting to hang out with him for a few minutes before he had to go home for bed. He told me that he needed to run home and let his dog out and asked if I wanted to go with. I said no I was tired and I would just see him tomorrow. He said well that he wanted to come back and spend a little more time with me. So he left and I got online to email a few friends real quick. He came back about 30 minutes later. I was still online and he asked me to put away the computer, so I did. I was still laying in bed and he was right by the bed. He started to tell me how much he loved me, which he does all the time, then he got kinda nervous and it was then I realized what he was doing. I started to cry and he knew I knew. He said a lot of beautiful things to me then pulled out the ring (that I picked out a month ago) and asked me if I would marry him!! We both were emotional and SO HAPPY! So of course I said YES!
I spent a lot of time this last month praying and going to the temple to know if Jared was the one for me. And with out a doubt in my mind I knew the first time I asked. I have never met someone that I have loved more or has loved me more. He has the purest heart of anyone I have ever met. He loves life and is just always joyful. He has a beautiful testimony and his family means everything to him. He is my best friend and the love of my life!
Jared and I met at the end of April when I moved here, I remember that I was in love with his dog Jake. We were just ward acquaintances. I started to hang out with his roommates and got to know Jared better through them. We became best friends very quickly. He spent every day together for a few months. I was on a boy fast (not dating for a while) when we started hanging out, so dating him wasn't an option in my mind. Finally one night of our late night talks and hanging out he told me he was starting to have feelings for me. I thought long and hard weather or not I was willing to start something again when so many times in the past I was hurt by other guys. I thought "well I love him as my best friend, why not". And that is where it all began. Our relationship has been so amazing so far. We take trips as often as we can and spend as much time together as possible. We have cried together, laughed every day together, and fallen in love every day even more with each other. Sorry if this is so sappy, but it's my lucky life.
That is the jist of our story so far. I am happily engaged and have already started wedding plans...so if you are available March 28th, 2009 in Salt Lake city, let me know!

6 comments:

Desiree said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and happy things are going so well. PS. You're allowed to be sappy. You're getting MARRIED! And YOU KNOW I wouldn't miss this!

Love you!

Devri said...

AAHHH!!!! You're engaged! I'm so happy for you! Your ring is beautiful! Let me know what I can do to help you with the wedding. HOORAY! Love ya!

Tracy said...

WOOHOO!!! Congrats! I am way happy for you and of course I will be around for your wedding. :o) Your ring is SOOOO pretty! I love it. I am still trying to decide what I want in a ring. Keep me updated with everything, I am so so so excited for you. Love ya.

Hallenbergers said...

WHOOOOT!!!! Soooooo excited for you!!! Can't wait to see you and to take your pics!!!! Congrats again and I love ya!

LOVE YOUR RING!!!!

Jamie Cheatham said...

So this just answers my question I left you on myspace! My mom texts me at all odd hours of the night and the other morning I woke up to a text telling me she heard you were engaged! YEAH!! That's awesome! I loved reading your blog! It almost brought me to tears! You deserve all the happiness that comes your way! CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!

Love the ring too! ;)

Amy's blog said...

Yay Abs! I'm so excited for you! Congrats! I will for sure be around for your wedding! Let me know if I can do anything to help! Love ya!