So this last weekend I was in BEAUTIFUL Santa Barbra at one of my best friends wedding (Lauren). I drove down on Thursday, and the sealing was Friday and the reception on Saturday. It was a DREAM wedding. There were over 400 guests. 6 Brides maids and a LOT of food. It was really a DREAM! I cried every day there because I was so happy for her. Her dress was amazing and the whole thing was spectacular! It got me thinking as to what my wedding will be like...and it will be MUCH smaller, but just how I like it.
Well I left the reception Saturday night and drove through the night to Vegas. Slept for a few hours and then took all my things and Jared's up to Salt Lake City! Finally there is some down time and I am updating this blog. Jared and I have been spending the last few days unpacking and buying necessary home goods. There is SO MUCH SNOW!! It was -15 when we drove in Sunday night and the snow just keeps falling. It does worry me a little with driving to and from work, but I am handling it. Oh ya where am I working now?...I work for the American Dental Association in there marketing department called Intelligent Dental Marketing. Its great. Jared is working out of his house and was offered a partnership in a new IT company. He is REALLY enjoying it! So things here are GREAT!
Wedding plans are coming along. I have a dress picked out that I think is BEAUTIFUL and I will buy it next week. My photographer is Johanna a dear friend from High school who is an amazing photographer. The reception is at the Joseph Smith Memorial building in the Empire room. I will be having Desiree` hopefully do my make up. It really is a combined effort. My colors are Greek Blue and Canary Yellow and White. Should be SPRINGIE:) I am ready for it, but also think it takes time to get everything together. If any of you have ideas on flowers or cakes or other things I have over looked let me know! Again thanks for all the Congratulations!
3 comments:
I wish I could have seen you while you were in Santa Barbara. Glad you had a great time and that your wedding plans are coming along. It is nice that you are closer as well... we will have to get together sometime soon. Wish I could have been at Lauren's wedding... looks beautiful and my sister said it was pretty amazing. :o)
Those colors sound perfect! Go simple on the cake, it gets eaten anyway!! Let me know if I can help any...we plan on coming down Thursday night...so excited to see you!!
(((HUGS)))
We should do a triple date with Tracy. Seeing her comment gave me the idea.
Anyways. I'm so excited for you. You know I'm totally going to do your makeup and help with everything else. :) Yeah!!!
Post a Comment